And so it goes on

There were so many things over the past few days that I thought I should probably write down, because ultimately, when it was time to post something to this page, I'd have them to write about. But I'm me and I just didn't do it. And here I am with an empty head. I'm straining my mind, shuffling around in the recesses of my memory, trying to recall any poignant, eloquently poetic thoughts I might pen.

Well, it's not working. Ironic. I'm the queen of stationery. I have loads of it. And the sights and smells inside a stationery shop still manage to make my legs rubbery. People in my family know that if they want my heart to explode with joy, all they need to do is get me a bag full of stationery. I digress.

Poignant thoughts...


The thing that I have come to realise from joining my new place of employment is that people, what people do, how they do it, the archetypes- all are universal. You have the one who thinks they know it all, you have the one who DOES know it all, but is the underdog and you have the ones who merely show up and leave. Then there are people like me who see things beyond what is visible. But we fear that we will yet again be taken advantage off. But because of who we are- we go the ten thousand extra miles anyway. But I also know now, not all work places have the culture. The ethos does differ. And if we are to find a home away from home, one has to be willing to accept the fact that whereas people can't and won't change, a place with a relatively anti chaotic approach is out there for you to find.

Earning money is tough. It's even tougher if you have people who rely on you.

Life is tough. In life, there will always be people who rely on you. Maybe not directly, but even your presence is enough. Having said that, how weak people are. And how strong too.

As for right now, I have to walk miles before I sleep. And in the moment, I'm grabbing a cup of coffee, and sitting down with my sis and engaging in some banter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Young Tree Whispered in my Ear

The Thirsty Sparrow and what it Taught Me

The Scales of Life