A Bright New Day

There is a half hour before the school van comes to pick me up and then I'll be on my way to another day of hard work and trying to make a difference. It's bright and sunny outside, the lull of the fan is oddly soothing and I can hear a bird in the distance. It's going to be a hot day. I can tell because of the hue of the sunlight- a very yellowish gold. I don't mind the heat much. I'm too busy to notice actually.


I'm thinking of the work that needs to get done. I only have two periods with Grade IX today and since exams are around the corner, it'll only be revision work. I'll sit with the checking while the girls do their task. It's going to be a tad boring. But before they do that, I'll address what went wrong (and right) in their previous assignment that I checked yesterday. These kids- they fail to follow the most basic instructions- sigh. You think to yourself, when are they ever going to learn?

We don't want kids to fail. That's why we keep pestering, advising, yelling and pulling out our own hair while we are at it. But there are some things in life that they will not learn until they fumble and fall (hopefully not too badly) before they realise that we've been right the whole time. It's not until something is lost, is its true worth felt. Sometime you're lucky and you can work your way back up but sometimes you're not. It's a case to case thing.

Anyway, I'm all dressed and pumped for the day ahead. I am armed with a new pair of rimless glasses, a chic pair of heels and a killer makeup look! It's a bright day, and I'm going to make the most of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Young Tree Whispered in my Ear

The Thirsty Sparrow and what it Taught Me

The Scales of Life