When things are sad...

Dear readers,

Sometimes, life is so sad. You hear about things... about the tragic circumstances of life. A first time young mother loses her new born son days after the birth- a middle aged man watches helplessly as his aged father gradually slips away- another young woman is stuck in a household that disregards her existence... (that one sounds familiar)...


You hear these things, and you think to yourself- 'I'm pretty lucky.'And yet there is this feeling of sadness. I am usually a big fan of quiet. But today, the quiet is too quiet. Sometimes, you just need genuine human interaction. Not small talk, not pleasantries, but true human connection. Where do you get that? Well I think the best place is with your siblings. Siblings are such a blessing. I revel in the knowledge that my kids have each other, though they may not have me. I believe I taught them well enough to have each other's backs, to rejoice in each other's successes and lend a shoulder when things don't quite go right (as they often do). I too have siblings that have my back.

So I ramble with my sister or brother. One thing sticks out- it's the tiny things in life. We live in such a helter scelter global village with our social media and connections and jobs and visions and our never ending to do lists... when has any of that ever soothed a broken heart? Sure, you can avoid the hurt, but ultimately, it's the power of a few kind and sincere words from people whom you love and who love you back that make the sadness more tolerable.

Besides- you can't be sad forever. You will undoubtedly get good things, and then you will be hit with bad things again. So life will be life.

So don't be sad. Don't share sad face emojis, be cool! With the glasses. With the bow-tie. With the sass. With the 'you can't get me down- I have hope and faith that things are going to be just fine!'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Young Tree Whispered in my Ear

The Thirsty Sparrow and what it Taught Me

The Scales of Life