The Simple Things in Life

Ah, the weekend finally arrives. I feel like there is nobody who truly feels a weekend quite like a teacher does. As we approach the end of the year, things only seem to get crazier. Half the stuff is about next year! But back to the weekend.

With Ramadhan right around the corner, this is the last day I'll be able to go out to lunch with my sister. We've planning something for weeks, but like all fun plans, they don't always materialise. Let's see if we can make it happen today. It's such a simple notion- planning to go out to lunch with someone you love- just planning, Yet, it's these small things in life that matter so much.
I'm just so glad that I don't have too many unrealistic expectations in life. I'm not looking to buying a fancy car, or go to Europe on my next vacation, or even become principal (that is a nightmarish seat). I just want to live out the rest of my days, working hard, looking forward to weekends and occasionally indulge in a divine day out at the mall with a loved one. I want to come from work to a neat and tidy room with a nice bed spread. I want to be able to give hugs to my nieces and nephews and maybe even little gifts and see their face light up. Which reminds me a big wish indeed- I wish to be able to the same for my own kids- but let's face it- that ain't happening any time soon.

The point is- contentment is greatly incumbent upon your state of mind. You shape your reality with a positive mind set- you don't let the world get you down- and you do it because of faith in your heart. You do it with a loving and supporting family. You do it with near and dear friends. You do it with expecting nothing from anyone- only from God.

If you can do that- you can live- not merely exist. After all, we aren't getting out of this world alive- might as well make the most of it by doing whatever we can to leave our imprints upon it. Carpe diem and peace out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Young Tree Whispered in my Ear

The Thirsty Sparrow and what it Taught Me

The Scales of Life